Laura Dale & Associates, P.C.
Se Habla Español Nous Parlons Français
Call 713-574-7952 or 888-572-6059

Help is available for international child abductions

In some cases, a parent who abducts a child and whisks him or her away to an international location will do everything possible to keep their final destination a secret. This may even mean changing the name of your child. You may feel as though you are all alone, but there are resources that can help you.

The Bureau of Consular Affairs located in the Department of State has an Office of Children's Issues. When you contact this office to report that your child has been abducted or wrongfully retained by the other parent, they can provide resources to locate children in other countries. In addition, this office can serve as a liaison to law enforcement authorities, including INTERPOL.

Local and state law enforcement may be able to help, at least on the local level. If you know which country your child might be in, contacting that country's U.S. Consulate or Embassy in the country might help. You'll need to provide the following information to help the consular officer:

-- Child's full name as well as any aliases

-- Child's date and place of birth

-- The other parent's name as well as any aliases

-- The other parent's family and friends' names, addresses and phone numbers

-- The last known place your child was located

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has field offices across the country and those will provide the point of contact for anyone needed assistance in locating their missing children. Contact the Crimes Against Children Coordinator at your regional field office.

Not knowing where your child is can be exceedingly difficult. Your emotions are likely running the gambit. An attorney like Laura Dale, with experience in international child custody cases, may be able to assist in locating your child.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Client Testimonials

  1. Laura Dale the best Family Law attorney I have ever met... Posted by John...Listens, takes your calls, tells you the truth (even when it may not be what you want to hear)... Read More

  2. The Best...Posted by a Child Custody client... Laura Dale handled my international child custody and divorce matter. I am an attorney in Houston and was referred to her... Read More

  3. A Meticulous, Knowledgeable, Attorney with Heart...Posted by a Child Custody client... Laura was not the first attorney that my husband and I interviewed for an extremely complex... Read More

  4. Top Notch, Hands Down - The Best...Posted by Tammi, a Child Custody client... Laura Dale has been absolutely the best attorney I could have found for my difficult child custody... Read More

Contact Our Experienced Team Today | Se habla español | Nous parlons français

Due to the experience our lawyers have in many specialized areas, you can rely on us to put together the right team to handle your case, even if it centers on complex issues such as international family law, business valuation or bankruptcy. Contact us today to make an appointment to discuss your needs with a knowledgeable lawyer.

Login to Client Portal

Laura Dale & Associates, P.C.
1800 Saint James Place
Suite 620
Houston, TX 77056

Toll Free: 888-572-6059
Phone: 713-574-7952
Fax: 713-600-1718
Houston Law Office Map