Maxwell, Marjorie A.
Marjorie is a dedicated and compassionate advocate with extensive experience in family law matters, including both property and child custody disputes, with a primary focus on complex marital property characterization and valuation issues.
Board certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, she is a member of the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section, the American Bar Association Family Law Section, the Houston Bar Association Family Law Section, the Association for Women Attorneys and Burta Rhoades Raborn Inns of Court.
Marjorie earned her bachelors degree in Political Science with an emphasis on Public Policy from the University of Houston in 2000. She received her J.D. from South Texas College of Law in May 2007 and was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in November 2007. During law school she interned in the Harris County District Attorney’s Family Criminal Law Division and the Family Litigation Unit of Lone Star Legal Aid. Additionally, she became a certified mediator through the Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Family Law, 2014
- Texas, 2007
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2007
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Burta Rhodes Raborn Family Law Inns of Court
- Association of Women Attorneys
Past Employment Positions
- The Maxwell Law Firm, PLLC, Owner, 2016 to 2018
- Jenkins & Kamin, Associate, 2012 to 2016
- Laura Dale & Associates, Associate, 2011 to 2012
- Myres, Dale & Associates P.C., Associate, 2010
- McEvily & Flowers, Associate, 2008 to 2010
Read Our White Paper
International Family Law:
Divorce And Custody In A Global Age