Nicole Voyles enjoys helping clients navigate their way through family law matters, always remembering that it is important to listen to their particular needs and finding a way to assist them in having these needs met in the most amicable way possible. Nicole has experience in complex property disputes, custody matters, paternity matters, and premarital and marital property.
Nicole graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Marketing prior to attending law school at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. Once she graduated from law school, Nicole practiced insurance defense and general litigation before turning her focus to family law which provides her a broad background in the law. Nicole immediately fell in love with family law in that it allows her to help people manage a very difficult time in their lives, while also making certain that person and their children are protected in the future. Nicole’s end goal is to make sure the client and their family make it through the experience as unharmed emotionally and financially as possible. Nicole thinks outside of the box to create a final settlement that suits the client’s specific desires and needs.
Nicole has been board certified since 2010 and is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 2015. She is often asked to write for and speak at at continuing legal education seminars throughout the state. Nicole is extremely active in the Houston Bar Association. She has been a co-chair on several different committees. She also is a board member of Houston Young Lawyers Foundation and the Houston Volunteer Lawyers.
Outside of practicing law, Nicole enjoys working out and competes in various running races and triathlons. She is also a volunteer with Victory which supports the efforts of the American Cancer Society.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Complex Property Disputes
- Child Custody
- Paternity Matters
- Premarital and Marital Property
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- JD - 2003
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.B.A. - 2000
- Major: Marketing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas - Family Law Section, Member
- Houston Bar Association - Family Law Section, Member
Honors And Awards
- "Texas Rising Star" honoree by Texas Monthly Magazine
Past Employment Positions
- Brial L. Webb, Attorney, 2006 to 2009
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization October 2010
- Parenting Across State Lines: Navigating through the HC, UCCJEA, PKPA, and UIFSA, Co-Author with Brian L. Webb and Natalie L. Webb, University of Texas Parent-Child Relationship, Conference, Austin, Texas, January 29-30, 2009
- Where Family Law and Criminal Law Collide: Electronic Eavesdropping, Family Violence and Child Abuse, Co-Author with Kathryn L. Pruitt and Robert Udashen, University of Texas Parent-Child Relationship, Conference, Austin, Texas, January 29-30, 2009
- Third Party Standing and Intervenors, Speaker and Author, University of Texas Parent- Child Relationship Conference, Austin, Texas, November 8-9, 2007
- Characterization and Tracing, Co-Author with Brian L. Webb, 33rd Advanced Family Law Course, San Antonio, Texas, August 6-9, 2007
- Trying the Custody Case, Co-Author with Brian L. Webb, 18th Annual Family Law Conference, Ely, Nevada, March 14-17, 2007
- Jurisdictional Jeopardy: HC, UCCJEA, PKPA & other ABC's of Custody, Co-Author with Miriam L. Ackels and Lynn Kamin, University of Texas Family Law on the Front Lines, Galveston, Texas, June 22-23, 2006
Read Our White Paper
International Family Law:
Divorce And Custody In A Global Age